Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

It was one thing to get me all excited yesterday and having a big let down, but doing it again today is going to be FRUSTRATING! 
I called this morning at 5:30 a.m. only to be told to wait to call at 10 again. What?! In the words of Zane, "You've gotta be kiddin' me!" Again? I couldn't take it by 7:30 and called the hospital again. I ended up speaking to the charge nurse who was more helpful than most. She said that they had 4 medical inductions (people with serious reasons to induce) to do today and that I was first on the elective inductions list (people with less serious reasons to induce). She said the EARLIEST they could get to me would be 11 a.m. and that was really pushing it. She asked me how long I was willing to wait today to be induced (remember, this is day 2 of fasting and Mama is hungry and won't get to eat until baby girl is here :). I was hoping to be induced early in the day, but am thinking that I better take what I can get before this baby girl keeps gaining weight! The charge nurse is also calling my doctor to find out how late she is willing to go tonight (she has a life too, ya know so maybe she has a big family reunion planned tonight...haha). I'll call back at 11, but I am betting I won't know anything more. That's just how it's been. I am coming down from all the adrenaline of yesterday (thinking "it" was going to happen) and now feel very frustrated and weepy! Oh, if you know me well, I loathe being weepy! 
Many people have said to just go in and tell them I'm in labor. I have seriously thought about it, but I'm not even having very many contractions today. I'm not very good at lying and living with it and they would figure out very quickly that I'm not in labor. Horror... they would send me home and then I'd really be frustrated! 

I'll try to keep updating when I know something... if you don't hear from me, either I don't know anything more or I'm BUSY!!! (Hopefully the latter!) Another place to keep up is http:/introducingquinn.com


1 comment:

Stephanie Click said...

Bobby's good at lying. (How many times has he told you "I'm leaving right now, I promise!"?) Have him do the talkin'. (j/k)

And, well because this is an open forum to post opinions, I am free to say that I now consider this a medical emergency. Baby Quinn can not be born on Friday the 13th. I mean, I guess she can ... we certainly won't love her any less ... but March 12 has a much better ring.

PS - Anna and I are available and feel confident that we could do a home-birth if you're into that.