Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dear Quinn,

I have had a weird day today: back pain, irregular contractions, and being really uncomfortable with any physical activity (we're talking: walking). In the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "No way...I'm only 36 weeks along, I'm not ready for labor yet, maybe my body is just 'getting ready', right?"

So I had a little talk with Baby Quinn and I think we are on the same page.

"Dear Quinn,

As anxious as we are to meet you, there are several reasons you just can't come yet. 

1. Some really neat friends and family have planned a baby shower for us this weekend and it would be rude of us not to show up.

2. Aunt Erin has prepaid for a plane ticket March 10th.

3. Mommy really wanted to have a haircut and her toenails done RIGHT BEFORE you got here so she wouldn't have to worry about that for several weeks once you are here. 

4. The boys have baseball practice tonight.

5. Mommy is most definitely not packed for the hospital!



Thanks for understanding!
Love, 
Mommy

p.s. I'll try to be ready for you on Sunday!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh my goodness...HILARIOUS!!
QUINN...THIS IS "AUNTIE MACY"....YOU HAVE TO STAY IN THERE UNTIL SATURDAY AT 6PM...THEN YOU CAN HEAD OUT!!!
WHEW!! take it easy friend!!! love it!

michelle said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA. I"m with Macy; she can come Saturday night! That only thing that makes me feel bad, is how uncomfortable you're going to feel at the shower! I'm sorry! You have my permission to be rude, ignore me, and just sit and breathe!

Nana Erin said...

Ummm. She cannot come Saturday. We've covered that.

March 10th.

Lyds said...

this made me laugh out loud & miss you even more than usual!