Monday, February 16, 2009

Three more weeks...



Yikes! That's kind of a scary picture (mostly because of my face). Maybe I shouldn't even post it. Oh well, too late. I have no pride anymore. At least my hair is decent and the color of that shirt looks good on me~ the lady at Motherhood told me so. Anyway, thought I would post a belly shot and give you an update.

Most of you know, I'm that girl that actually enjoys being pregnant. I don't get morning sickness too bad and there's just so many neat things about being pregnant. However, these last few weeks are just not fun anymore. Can I get an "Amen"? I just am not capable of doing anything! The things I can do take FOREVER! Vacuuming? Forget about it...the last time I vacuumed, my hips hurt so BAD for a week! Grocery shopping? If I lift more than the milk, my abdominal muscles scream at me! Laundry is an ALL DAY affair only to be done with frequent heating pad breaks (not to be confused with coffee breaks). I need naps just to survive. I'm bored with limiting my caffeine, I don't care if the late night milkshake is not the most nutritious thing I can feed baby girl and I don't fit any of my clothes (so when you see that I'm wearing the same thing over and over, just think to yourself, "Poor girl" and smile). I actually have a pillow that fits in the small of my back that I refer to as my "BFF" and my heating pad truly is my BFF. The boys both know that Mama can't do anything anymore...Seth is sympathetic and helps so willingly...Zane on the other hand resents it. ha. He asks, "WHEN is that baby coming out?!" and it's not because he's anxious to meet her!

Now, I did say there were some neat things about being pregnant and here's one of them: Last night, baby girl was doing her nightly rolling around when Bobby decided to talk to her. He got up close and was chatting with her. I've told you before that she responds to him when he talks to her but this was different. It seemed like she was clawing/climbing to get to him. It was so very funny (and violent)!! We laughed and laughed and he continued to talk to her while she seemingly tried to get to him/find him. When he went back to what he was doing, she probably spent 20 minutes trying to find him again. Isn't that weird...I mean, neat?

I think I've said before that Bobby and I make really big babies. Seth's delivery was a nightmare at 9 pounds and 6 ounces. Zane's was a breeze at 7 pounds and 12 ounces, but he was induced two weeks early. My doctor is going to take this baby girl at least two weeks early which would put us inducing the week of March 8th. I have an appointment tomorrow and I fully expect the doctor to gasp in surprise and tell me she can't believe how BIG our baby girl is right now and whisk me off to the hospital to quickly and easily deliver a healthy baby. Okay, so maybe that won't happen, but maybe she'll be able to tell me something. I'll let you know. BTW, Bobby is thinking of trying to blog throughout the day of her delivery so stay tuned. No, he's not putting anything gross out there (is that what you were thinking?). Just updates...you know, like 'ooh, she's getting an epidural' or 'now we're playing backgammon and Jessica won' or just how things are going in general. Won't that be fun? For you, I mean, not really me.

3 comments:

michelle said...

So many things to comment on; where to start!? I like the picture and think the color looks good on you! I think it's neat Bobby is going to attempt; notice the word attempt, to blog during your delivery. I"m hoping to be there instead of reading updates! Of course, I do have kids that need to be taken care of too; hum...Can you be induced on a saturday? totally kidding...

Anonymous said...

soooo.. what is bobby's blog? i soo need to get up on the funniest guy in america!!

Lyds said...

"Zane on the other hand resents it. ha. He asks, "WHEN is that baby coming out?!" and it's not because he's anxious to meet her!"....i officially love him!