Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What a day!!

What a day!! 
Bobby and I had plans to be taken out to lunch by his team at work. Very nice, eh? However, we were very surprised by a Surprise Baby Shower! How fun is that? His team is a special group of people and Bobby is very fortunate to be a part of such a great group. Here are some pics: (Notice that they decorated the shower with the colors from our chosen bedding. These talented people took the graphics from the bedding and made decorations, a card and a poster from it. Maybe there's a copyright issue somewhere in there, but I thought it was very clever!)


I also had a doctor appt. today. Good news! Baby girl has "dropped" and is ripe for induction! Dr. Gunn said that the baby is "right there" and that my cervix is "super, super soft". (I know, I know...TMI!) She seemed surprised at how much has changed in a week. She felt like the baby has grown significantly within that week even though I lost a pound...heehee! She has scheduled a date (YIPPEE!!) with the hospital for March 11 or 12. She said I would wake up March 11th and call the hospital. If they have too many people in labor or having emergencies, I'll have to wait until the 12th, but if they are open, I can come on in. That is 15 days from today...holy moly!!

P.S. It seems official...we're naming her Quinn Abigail Chandler  :)

6 comments:

michelle said...

The shower looks super cute! I love the wall decorations and cupcake stand! BUT it doesnt beat my paint can. Kidding! Edwin almost bought tickets to a baseball game for March 11th, and I told him you were probably having the baby that day, and he couldn't be gone!
:)

Jenifer said...

That is so sweet!

Lyds said...

i'm glad you decided to go with that name ;) PS - you look beautiful! love the new blog, even though you hate change. this is the part in the movie where i give you "the speech". i recall something like, "now jess, these things happen. and we need to learn from these things and move on..." that's all i remember - HAHA!

Stephanie Click said...

So glad you had a great time!!! And SO GLAD that the baby quit playing games and decided to start prepping for delivery :)

Dana (aka Mimi) said...

Jess~ I LOVE that name! Quinn for a little girl....great choice. Enjoyed our talk the other day....hope to see you soon. I look forward to meeting all the new babies that God is blessing us with!

Silly Monkey said...

Jessica, we're blessed here to have Bobby. He's become such a great friend to me, and he's a great boss. And I know he's so madly in love with you, cause of the way he talks about you and the boys. Glad you liked everything!