Tuesday, June 2, 2009

End of School Year


This is the last week of school for Seth. I will be so sad for Seth to leave his teacher. She has been the absolute best. We couldn't have picked anyone better for him!
Since I used to BE a teacher, I know that the end of the year is a good time to show appreciation for putting up with our kiddos for 10 whole months! Seth is fairly well behaved, but I know that kids are a hard job...even when they're your own! This brings us to the end-of-the-year gift. ~sigh~
What to get? Nothing too cliche' like a mug, NOTHING with apples on it (seriously, just because we majored in Elem. Ed. does not mean we love apples and country decor), and nothing too "cheap". I decided on something "fun". We did this for Seth's preschool teachers a few years back and it seemed to be a big hit. We filled a gift bag with summer essentials: chocolate :), a fresh colored nail polish, a "trashy" magazine, a Sonic gift certificate, sunscreen, etc. We'll also include a note from Seth and I telling her how much we loved having her.

1 comment:

Lyds said...

i don't think i've ever wanted to be a teacher before...but now i do ;) can i teach your sons in 1-12? thanks.